Sr. System Engineer 2018-373-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified Senior System Engineers to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
• Supports defining facility/system design requirements.
• Researches and documents system operations and limits from the review of design and basic documents and from discussions with system designers.
• Establishes means of verifying requirements implementation, including acceptance criteria.
• Prepares system and facility design criteria documents.
• Supports system-level design verification, requirements verification, test requirements specification, and requirements flow down and traceability.
• Performs impact analyses for proposed requirement changes.
• Performs periodic assessments to validate implementation and traceability of requirements into design.
• Coordinates and facilitates technical discussions to resolve system design issues.
Period of Performance: ~12 months.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering or related engineering field (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear) from an accredited university or college with at least six years of relevant technical experience in lieu of degree 12 years of progressive relevant experience in Engineering.
• Possess an awareness of environmental and nuclear regulations and their influence on design.
• Experience facilitating multi-discipline meetings to resolve technical and related requirements compliance issues.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• Professional Registration in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Nuclear Engineering.
• International Council of Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certification.
• Possess a detailed understanding of Systems Engineering principles and methods, requirements management principles, and methods.
• Experience with systems engineering on DOE or DOD projects.
• Experience working on a large, complex EPC contract.
• Experience working with requirements management databases.
• Experience in performing design and/or requirements change impact analyses.