Sr. I&C Engineer 2022-682-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking Sr. I&C Engineers that will be responsible for leading the design, development, and procurement of ITER Auxiliary Vacuum Systems I&C Instruments, Electronics and Software. In this role you interact with and guide Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering, and multi-disciplinary Analysis Teams to realize optimal design solutions in compliance with ITER requirements. Working with Procurement, you will serve as a Technical Project Officer (TPO) for multi-million-dollar procurements.
- Work with I&C and mechanical engineers, designers, and analysts on development of detailed design.
- Check and back-check drawings and documents produced by designers or other engineers.
- Support the design of Piping and Instrument Drawings (P&IDs).
- Develop panel wiring and interconnect cabling designs.
- Design panel layouts and perform enclosure cooling calculations.
- Produce control system input/output and instrumentation lists.
- Design power distribution single line diagrams.
- Develop control strategies and state transition diagrams.
- Write control system hardware descriptions including control requirements, functional specifications, and control system architecture descriptions.
- Write control software requirements specifications and control software design descriptions.
- Specify PLC systems.
- Specify vacuum gauges and controllers.
- Write procedures and participate in qualification of instrumentation for high magnetic field areas, EMI/EMC testing, gamma and neutron radiation testing, etc.
- Work with ORNL analysts to determine proper magnetic shielding of instrumentation.
- Write factory acceptance test procedures.
- Write statements of work for I&C design and fabrication.
- Evaluate vendor proposals for I&C equipment.
- Oversee the management of development and fabrications contracts with industry.
- Willingness and ability to travel to domestically and to ITER site in southern France.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills willing to take a lead role.
Education and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
Experience Level Desired (years):
- 5+ years of both I&C engineering design and hands-on experience, including the following:
- P&ID preparation
- PLC system design
- Enclosure design
- Cable design
- Control software design
Knowledge of I&C engineering and design practices including drawings, specifications, and codes.
- Experienced in development of state transition diagrams, electrical load lists, and wiring diagrams.
- Experienced with Motor Control system design and requirements development.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally and domestically as required.
- Excellent writing skills to be able to write coherent design documents.
- Must be a self-starter able to work both independently and in a team.
- Proficient in the use of office automation tools, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access.
- Experience with ITER project.
- Previous large-scale plant design experience.
- Experience with PLC architecture design, programming, test, and validation.
- I&C design experience with the following:
- Vacuum system pumping and gauging
- Cable/harness design
- SEE Electrical Expert or similar CAD electrical design software
- IEC standards and CE-compliance
- Siemens S7 PLC and/or EPICS programming
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status. HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.