Senior Subcontract Manager 2023-163c-HAINC-BD
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a Senior Subcontract Manager.
The Senior Subcontract Manager (SCM) position reports to the Director of Contracts and is responsible for providing strategic oversight, compliance reviews, management of changes and support of continuous improvement in key TerraPower subcontract relationships. Managed activities have a total scope of over $2 billion in design/development, licensing, EPC, commissioning and utility transition. The position collaborates with Procurement and other key stakeholders to provide support for compliance, execution performance/metrics, negotiations and implementation of improvements in subcontracting. In addition, the SCM assists with the development of corporate and supplier strategy.
- Develop, implement, and manage the business/strategic direction, long-term financial goals and objectives of assigned relationships or subcontracts.
- Promote and support long-term development of requirements and relationship to support TerraPower’s business/commercial objectives.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative behaviors interfacing with TerraPower stakeholders for review and acceptance; then, work with Procurement and other key stakeholders to support specific agreement implementation.
- Implement strategic partnerships through contractual relationships with major partners.
- Organize and lead staff and resources in support of relationships, teaming with subject area and resource management.
- Analyze complex issues, provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders, and ensure compliance.
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure and recommend compliance with regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure contracts include agreed upon terms, conditions, costs, and other required items and support execution between all parties.
- Support essential documentation and ensure documentation is accurate and complete for audit purposes.
- Resolve minor contractual disputes and contribute to the resolution of major contractual disputes.
- Provide compliance oversight support for key subcontracts as assigned.
- Subcontract oversight to include compliance review and resolution of key requirements, scope definition and ensuring responsiveness/accountability including licensing and insurance certifications.
- Monitor and evaluate subcontractor performance utilizing established processes, systems and metrics; collaborate on performance management program including collection of metrics and improvement action plans.
- Develop and support negotiation of emerging requirements to ensure project goals are met.
- Escalate non-compliance or other relationship issues as required with TerraPower and subcontractor.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Ability to work remotely or in-office
- Travel required: Up to 50% (potential at times to support negotiations or other needed focus).
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar field, Postgraduate study is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in technically-oriented contracting.
- Experience working on manufacturing, industrial, government, infrastructure focused projects; including in-depth understanding of construction or commercial contracts and delivery methods.
- Direct experience in contracting or working with engineering scope in the nuclear industry and international projects (preferred).
- Relevant experience with DOE, National Labs and their operations, e.g., as a Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) (preferred).
- Proficient in process mapping, root causes analysis, problem solving, and value-stream mapping.
- Highly self-motivated, analytical, and customer centric.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including great communication.
- Exemplary organizational and communication skills and ability to work independently in a team environment, including interface with Procurement, Legal, Finance and other functional organizations.
- Developed leadership qualities; ability to work well with all levels of staff, management, suppliers and associates.
- Experience in implementing project controls/metrics including EVMS.
- Excellent network and PC-based application skills in MS environment including Office (Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint) and other software.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.