Senior Mechanical Design Engineer II 2019-052c-HASLLC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer to perform Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities are to assist and support management in engineering equipment design and development; system design; materials selection and testing; review, checking and commenting on designs/drawings/data prepared by ·other engineers and subcontractors; and engineering studies and report preparation. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Design and prototyping of one-of-a-kind mechanical and machine tools and fixtures for use by field personnel in lifting, rigging, material handling, and measuring and testing.
• Specification of welding and non-destructive examination (NDE) techniques for fabrication and repair of site facilities and equipment.
• Design and repair of piping and pressure vessels and associated supporting structures.
• Analysis and assistance for mechanical matters affecting the project including simple structural evaluation, mechanical and HVAC designs, and material lifting and rigging.
• Provide engineering technical support for hazardous and waste shipping containers and packaging.
• Preliminary and final specifications and designs for equipment and facility changes to improve project performance and safety.
• Inspections, assessment of hazards; and development of recommendations on mechanical issues affecting the project.
• Evaluation of operations & proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state, or local statutes, and environmental regulations.
• Provides field technical guidance for simple changes, troubleshooting and maintenance of a variety of mechanical equipment including fluid systems, cranes, HVAC, lifting fixtures, environmental closures, etc.
• Feasibility studies and evaluations of potential automation and technologies for application to improve project performance and safety.
• As part of an Engineering team provide technical guidance to field project personnel.
• Assume lead role on Engineering design projects as assigned.
• Maintain familiarity with current technical developments in pertinent scientific areas.
• Responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all data and work produced.
• Provide technical or functional support to team members.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.