Senior Electrical Design Engineer II 2019-052a-HASLLC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr. Electrical Design Engineer to perform Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in engineering equipment design and development; system design; materials testing; review, checking and commenting on designs/drawings/data prepared by subordinate engineers and subcontractors; engineering studies and report preparation; and engineering computer programming as assigned.
The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Provide expert analysis and assistance for electrical engineering matters ranging from three phase medium voltage distribution systems (13.8 kV) to three- and single-phase application
voltages. (480/220/208/120 VAC)
• Prepare engineering forecasts, quality·take-offs and change orders.
• Prepare preliminary and final specifications and designs.
• Perform inspections, assess hazards; develop recommendations on electrical issues.
• Develop and assess electrical arc flash in accordance with NFPA 70E. SKM modeling
capability desirable but not required.
• Evaluate operations & proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering
disciplines and standards, federal, state, or local statutes, and environmental regulations.
• Conduct feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies.
• Work with Engineering team to provide technical guidance to field project personnel.
• Assumes the lead role on Engineering projects as assigned
• Maintains familiarity with current technical developments in pertinent scientific areas.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all data and work produced
• Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical discipline. Minimum total experience of
• Support the design upgrade of the X-333 MSA and development of an associated Compactor facility
• Prefer cognizance of existing PORTS electrical power systems.
• Be familiar with PORTS site and work procedures with specific working knowledge of
engineering modification design and construction processes and methods, including
interacting with other engineering disciplines (civil/mechanicai/I&C etc.)
• Prefer experience and familiarity with PORTS site drawings and the D&D Project goalg and history.
• Active /inactive DOE clearance or, as a minimum, ability to obtain a clearance.