Senior D&D Engineer 2020-165-HAINC-CI
• providing engineering expertise and guidance to multi-divisional project team (s) to include SRNS subcontractors during execution of the projects.
• assisting a project team (s) to plan and oversee the execution of specified D&D project(s);
• coordination of project efforts to ensure project progress is maintained within schedule,
cost, technical, environmental, and legal baselines;
• performance of facility walk-downs, as appropriate, to obtain information;
• planning and verification of D&D project activities;
• performing assessments;
• performing evaluations;
• attending/leading regular project schedule meetings and other meetings as needed;
• representing the project in presentations and meetings with internal and external customers regarding engineering activity status;
• preparation of project engineering plans for assigned project(s);
• providing engineering support for the preparation of Engineering and Regulatory Deliverables associated with each project (as needed), including, but not limited to, Project Scoping Document (for Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act [CERCLA] Model only), Facility Decommissioning Evaluation, Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis (for CERCLA Model only), Decommissioning End-Points Document, Engineering Survey and Interference Report, Completion of Decommissioning End-Points Document, Decommissioning Project Final Report, Removal Action Report (for CERCLA Model only), facility hazard category downgrade calculations, contaminated large equipment crushability calculations, and other technical data/calculations/correspondence as needed;
• coordinating inputs to and preparation of D&D project work packages;
• performing review and approval of D&D work packages;
• identification of design and engineering problems, developing/coordinating and/or evaluating solutions, evaluating their effect upon the project baseline, and initiating appropriate action(s);
• assisting in the preparation and issue of a Memorandum of Understanding for custodial
transfer of facilities to EC&ACP for D&D;
• assisting in preparation of required regulatory documents for D&D projects in
accordance with the SRS Federal Facility Agreement, SRNS Manual 1 C, and SRNS
• providing engineering support in monitoring progress during the decommissioning/
disposal phases to identify and correct adverse trends affecting cost, scope, or
• successfully completing all training required;
• and, attending monthly EC&ACP Safety Meetings and periodic Staff Meetings.
As part of this task, the work requirements will involve:
• Following EC&ACP protocol for D&D activities (SRNS Manual IC and SRNS Manual C-1);
• Completion of all remaining deactivation activities for 690-N, Ford Building in fiscal year (2QFY20) 2020, followed by completion of demolition in the end of FY20 to meet the defined decommissioning end-state;
• Completion of all remaining deactivation activities and demolition of the 728-N, Cask Car Repair Facility, to meet the defined decommissioning end state by Q1FY20;
• Completion of deactivation activities for the 607-lF, Sewage Treatment Facility by Q2FY20; and
• Provide support as needed for the completion of preliminary estimates and work planning for additional facilities.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related technical discipline.
- At least 7-14 years related engineering experience.
- An Associate Degree in a technical or mechanical area and at least 10-15 years of practical D&D experience would be considered equivalent.
- A high school diploma and at least 15-20 years of practical D&D experience would also be considered equivalent.); and/or,
- 5 or more years of D&D engineering experience.
- SRNS seeks/prefers engineering support with 5 or more years of D&D experience preferably in the U.S. DOE/United States Department of Defense (DOD)/Commercial arena.
- Familiarity with SRS facilities and procedures is recommended as well.