Safety Basis and Work Planning and Control (WPC) Support 2023-421-HAINC-CF
We are seeking Candidates to provide support to the Sandia National Laboratory (SNL) ES&H Planning Department in the areas of Safety Basis, Primary Hazard Screening (PHS), and Work Planning and Control (WP&C) Programs. This support will involve interacting with multiple disciplines across the Corporation which may include but not limited to: Environmental, Emergency Management, IT administrative personnel, performance assurance, medical, facilities, quality assurance, industrial hygiene, radiation protection, safety engineering, and line partners.
Duties and tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, review, and maintain requirements, policies, and procedures that implement Department of Energy (DOE) rules, orders, standards and guides applicable to DOE facility safety.
- Perform PHS reviews for those associated with System Safety and Hazard Analysis (SSHA) for quality, correctness, and completeness, and perform field assessments (walkdowns), if necessary.
- Review of PHS documents for facility hazard categorization determinations.
- Assist Moderate Hazard Facilities with Safety Assessment annual reviews/updates along with all other safety basis documentation including Change and Configuration Management.
- Perform, develop, and review documentation for Readiness Reviews in accordance with corporate requirements to ensure the safe startup or restart of operations.
- Perform Conduct of Operation assessments as required/requested.
- Prepare and review of hazards analysis, hazards evaluation, event analysis and accident analysis and the assessment of facilities/operations of implementation of requirements.
- Review other safety basis and WP&C documentation as required, such as JSA’s and TWD’s.
- Prepare and review technical reports based on the expert interpretation of analyzed data.
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance to line organizations and federal regulators on complex safety basis and WP&C issues.
- Develop, review, maintain, and/or provide comments on changes to internal department policies, department owned corporate policies, the WP&C Manual, the ES&H Manual, and other corporate policies and documents.
- Implement, test, and apply software to support software validation along with the development of software requirements.
- Interface with software programmers to address development, modifications, and problem correction in software.
- Perform air dispersion modeling for chemical hazards and radionuclides.
- Develop and provide SNL training on safety basis issues and procedures, and WP&C processes and hazard analyses.
- Attend and support department and line organization meetings as requested.
Period of Performance: 1 year from award.
Level of Effort: 1 Full time position, local to Albuquerque.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.
- PhD degree in science or engineering discipline with a minimum of two (2) years experience in ES&H related field; or
- MS degree in science or engineering discipline with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in ES&H related field; or
- BS degree in science or engineering discipline with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in ES&H related field; or
- Ten (10) years plus experience in ES&H field.
- The Safety Analyst shall have knowledge of ES&H standard theories, concepts, principles, techniques and a working knowledge of pertinent engineering practices and application.
- BS degree in science or engineering discipline; or
- AA degree in science or engineering discipline with four (4) years of experience in ES&H related field; or
- Eight (8) years¿ experience in ES&H related field.
- The Technical Analyst II shall have a technical knowledge base of scientific/engineering standard concepts, principles and techniques. The Technical Analyst II duties may include programming, technical writing and document control.