QA/QC Inspectors Level 4 2023-552-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Woman-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking to QA/QC Inspectors.
As a QC senior quality control inspector, you will be part of the Plutonium Infrastructure Quality (PIQ) Group and report to the IQPA-PIQ Group Leader and Quality Control (QC) Inspection Team Leader. The PIQ mission is to support the Associate Laboratory Directorate for Plutonium Infrastructure (ALDPI) by ensuring quality requirements are met and implemented into work projects by performing oversight and inspection activities that validate specifications are being met during construction, maintenance, and modification activities at LANL. You will be assigned to support both deployed and institutional inspection activities.
The ideal Level 4 QC Inspector should demonstrate proficiency in performing advanced inspections and is able to apply their extensive knowledge and skills to complete inspections in the following areas:
- Welding (CWI)
- Piping installations
- Steel inspections
- Anchor bolt installations
- And other related disciplines
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing in-process/final inspections per codes, inspection plans, drawings and Integrated Word Documents (IWDs)
- Generation of Nonconformance Reports (NCRs), and supporting their closure
- Assisting in the development and updating of inspection procedures, reports/inspection forms/formats, protocols and checklists
- Working with engineering personnel in conducting and reporting on inspection activities
- Proactively evaluates problems and makes initial recommendations for corrective actions
- Sets up and operates advanced inspection tools or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions
Duration: 1 year, possibly 2 years.
Per Diem, Yes and Relocation, Yes (case by case)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Must possess expert level skills in interpreting codes for acceptance, specifications, procedures, project plans, and ability to read and comprehend construction drawings.
- CWI certification preferred.
- Electrical or Piping experience preferred.
- You must have the ability to be Q cleared, participate in the Human Reliability Program (HRP), and are able to work any shift schedule.