Project Managers 4 (STI-Program Manager 4) 2022-456-HAINC-CF
We are looking for Construction Project Managers. The Project Manager will serve as a Construction Manager and will be responsible for the successful completion of all activities related to the construction of assigned Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) projects as a member of the Capital Projects Construction Management Division. Construction Managers play an integral role in the formulation and adherence to construction policies and programs for assigned projects. In addition, as a CM, you will contribute to the overall administration and technical direction, coordination, and direct line responsibilities for field construction, including maintaining and ensuring safety and security training, compliance, and makes safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews project construction estimates, budgets, forecasts, schedules, and costs for acceptability. Also reviews specifications and drawings for economic constructability.
• Participates in the resolution of problems involving staffing, material delivery, and contract/subcontract administration.
• Coordinates with Project Management, Design Engineering, Procurement, Project Controls and other functional departments and personnel in establishing and maintaining priorities to ensure the success of the project.
• Identifies issues for the Manager of Construction to ensure the success of the project.
• Provides counseling, guidance and direction to Site Managers to facilitate the successful execution of the construction project.
• Participates in the development and/or review of operations controls, such as project procedures.
• Participates in proposal preparation, project planning, and scheduling by furnishing expertise on construction methods, equipment, labor, productivity guidelines, estimates of distributable expenses and labor rates.
• Reviews and approves preliminary estimates and project schedules as assigned.
• Participates in project engineering, construction review management project review meetings where approval of proposed construction budgets and schedules are required.
• Monitors distributable expenses in the field.
• Staffs construction project site teams and monitors construction personnel performance, quality and technical adequacy.
• Ensures that the appropriate field procedures are in place and being adhered to.
• Concurs with the selection of the appropriate construction controls for the project from the generic project control system.
• Provides periodic reports regarding construction operations to the Manager of Construction
• Ensures that appropriate project training programs are identified and implemented.
• Fosters a mutually respectful work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
May serve as a Control Account Manager (CAM) responsible for planning, budgeting, managing and controlling costs and schedule performance for a project or subproject and serve as a point of contact for project controls, including account scope, schedule, budget and technical performance. Ensure work packages realistically represent the duration and budget necessary to perform work and perform variance analysis reviews, determine cause and effect of schedule or cost variance and define achievable corrective action plans. May be expected to present project management performance plans, status updates, trends, or issues to federal sponsors.
B.S. degree with 20 yrs of experience.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.