Project Manager (Level 4) 2023-035-HSPS-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a Project Manager to assist with the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards in the area of Transuranic (TRU) and Mixed-Low-Level/Low Level (M/LLW) waste disposition to meet mission objectives of removing waste from TA-54, Area G and other N3B mission sites. This will include both operational, engineering, and project management senior level support to the Senior Director of Facility and Waste Operations to lead the identification, development, design, procurement, installation, modification, and commissioning of facilities and equipment to support waste disposition in a Hazard Category 2 Nuclear Facility.
This individual should be regarded as an expert in providing facility, engineering, and operations support for waste disposition projects and will serve as the primary interface with functional leads/managers to accomplish mission objectives. The project manager will develop cost-effective, safe, and practical solutions to complex waste management problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation to size reduce, decontaminate, remediate, treat, characterize, and package TRU and/or M/LLW to meet off-site treatment, storage, and disposal requirement including the Waste Isolation Pilot Project.
The project manager will ensure facility, engineering, and operations solutions are consistent with CH-TRU Project organization objectives. The project manager will perform work without appreciable direction and will exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to meet CH-TRU mission objectives. Based on the significant impact of the work to be executed by the project manager, the effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the CH-TRU Project mission. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company cost and resources. The project manager serves as consultant to N3B senior and executive management team and will act as a special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Contributes to the formulation and recommends project management policies, plans, and programs for the orderly execution of projects.
- Regularly monitoring the progress of active projects and ensure that responsible actions are being taken by members of the project management team.
- Assigning the activities of assigned staff and provides for proper delegation of management authority, responsibility, and accountability.
- Development, review, and approval of project estimates for use in estimates and forecasts.
- Development, review, and approval of the release of project cost estimates, schedules, major trends, and forecasts to customers. Also reviews and approves major changes or deviations to these control documents.
- Developing continuous improvement awareness for project management, engineering, and facility operations such that the function is viewed as the leader of the process within the project teams.
- Ensures that interdepartmental problems are resolved promptly and that an integrated approach is followed in the performance of the project.
- Serves as the project field execution technical point of contact for the subcontractors.
- Coordinate subcontractor over sight and surveillance with program SMEs and STRs to ensure subcontractor compliance.
- Provide weekly status reports to N3B senior and executive management team.
Place of Performance: Los Alamos, New Mexico at the ta-54 CH-TRU waste remediation project, though majority of work takes place on site, periodic telecommuting may be authorized.
Period of Performance: Date of Award through April 29, 2023. Note, upon confirmation of N3B’s Contract Extension, this PO may be extended through 12/31/23, with another 12 months beyond as warranted.
Education and Experience: B.S. and 9 - 13 years of experience.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of facility design, engineering, project management, waste management, and nuclear safety requirements.
- Expert knowledge and ability to develop and apply highly advanced principles, concepts and techniques in project management involving environmental services, hazardous waste management services, remediation services, and/or decontamination services.
- Skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute plans to satisfy them.
- Ability to have major impact on organizational success and productivity, with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
- Ability to lead substantial proposal initiatives.
- Ability to develop and lead large sized projects, including defining scope, objectives and methods.
- Ability to train and mentor more junior staff.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.