Project Engineer 2023-553-HAINC-BD
HukariAscendent is a Woman-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a Project Engineer to perform the following:
- Generate novel concept designs or review customer-based designs to develop a preliminary Work Breakdown for the Engineering Effort attributed to proposal inputs and product development.
- Collect project-based Design Inputs, Design Interfaces, and Quality Program Requirements and combine them into an Engineering Design Plan including a milestone schedule.
- Initiate and author a Functional Requirements Document in the absence of a project-based user requirement.
- Launch Engineering Kick-Off meetings with internal staff and project stakeholders to establish and communicate the project design tasks and resources.
- Establish, Organize and Control the Design Basis using a Compliance Matrix.
- Coordinate engineering disciplines (Designers, Drafters, SME’s) and manage discipline interfaces (sub vendors, contractors).
- Coordinate design reviews with project stakeholders and engineering staff, and provide technical verification as needed per the applicable quality requirements.
- Support the Project Manager by ensuring technical scope is properly implemented and progressing per the project schedule.
- Function as the technical lead in customer facing reviews and status coordination meetings.
- Review and disposition Design Change Notices, Non-Conformance Reports, Field Change Requests, and Supplier Deviation Requests.
- Manage technical scope changes and design deliverables using an NQA-1 quality program.
- Assist the design teams as needed with 3D CAD, 2D drawings, and other design deliverables.
- Assist with CAD & PDM Administration, and engineering process procedure development.
- Train and mentor junior engineers and drafters.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution (5-10yrs experience).
- Or Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution (7-15yrs experience).
- Leadership experience providing clear direction to multiple stakeholders simultaneously and highly communicative.
- Familiarity or experience working within a regulatory quality program such as NQA-1, ISO-9001 or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Background in stainless steel fabrication and custom equipment development is highly desirable.
- Experience with parametric 3D CAD software such as Solidworks, Creo PTC, Inventor, etc.
- Experience with Manufacturing ERP systems such as Syspro and Global Shop Solutions is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively between multiple internal departments and project stakeholders, including vendors, customers, and end-users.
- Experience managing complex technical projects, sub-vendors, and design tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret 2D fabrication drawings and 3D parametric CAD models including Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s).
- Practical technical knowledge of fabrication and manufacturing processes and capability of the machines and equipment used in those processes.
- Experience applying fundamental mechanical engineering principles as applied to the construction of sheet metal and structural weldments, and integration of custom mechatronic equipment.
- Knowledge of industry standards and applicable national codes and standards associated with stainless steel fabrication such as ASME, ANSI, & AWS.