Procurement Specialist/Subcontract Administrators 2018-467-HAINC-PB
HukariAscendent is looking for Procurement Specialists/Subcontract Administrators II and III.
General Function Description:
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for record-keeping, negotiating subcontracts, awarding more complex purchase orders, supplier relationships, subcontract administration, seeking quality goods/services at an acceptable price that meets the Laboratory’s needs.
- Negotiate and award complex purchase orders to provide custom components, configurations and fabrications based on the determination that the prices are fair and reasonable.
- Meet the cost, schedule and requirements of the technical program.
- Comply with Procurement and Laboratory Policies and Procedures.
Negotiate /Administer Procurement Agreements:
- Establish and administer agreements for the purchase of complex and custom components, apparatus, equipment and services as required and at various costs. Agreements generally include Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA), Term Agreements (PT) and Basic Ordering Agreements (BOA).
- Incorporate appropriate terms and conditions, which may include Davis-Bacon Act and Service Contract Act.
- Implement the formal bidding process and all other procurement tools as required to select qualified suppliers of commodities and services.
- Cradle-to-grave Subcontract Administration of mid-and higher-dollar value subcontracts.
- Negotiate and administer fixed price, labor hour and expense, consultant agreements, cost-reimbursement R&D subcontracts, Construction BOA and Job Orders in accordance with FAR/DEAR and PPPL Policies and Procedures.
- Establish effective working relationship with Princeton’s Technical Representative and project management to meet goals and schedules.
- Incorporate appropriate terms and conditions, generally including Davis-Bacon Act and Service Contract Act.
- Assist Accounting as needed in Invoice resolution of invoices.
- Perform closeout of subcontracts within established financial and operational guidelines.
Period of Performance: Minimum 6 month assignment.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
Required Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience in supply chain, procurement or relevant business experience with demonstrated, progressive increase in responsibilities.
- Knowledge of FAR, DEAR, and Uniform Commercial Code Preferred. Ample experience in all aspects of pricing, negotiating and administering Federal government (sub)contracts; relevant procurement rules and regulations; advanced business principles; negotiating procedures, and cost/price analysis.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ERPs.
- Other required skills: Excellent verbal and written communication; results-oriented, self-motivated;, uses critical thinking as basis for decision-making; problem-solving, business math and negotiation skills; outstanding organizational prioritization; detail-oriented; enjoys working in a fast-paced, get-it-done environment.
- High ethical standards representative of Princeton University’s commitment to excellence.