Piping Stress Engineer 2023-529-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Woman-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a Piping Stress Engineer to support the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project. The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position serves as an Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs moderately complex engineering assignments, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques to a broad set of complex assignments.
- Apply Cost Competitive Execution techniques to develop the most cost-effective total project solution for execution of the discipline engineering work
- Develop and review specifications, including design criteria
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve moderately complex engineering problems
- Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Work Location: Greenville, SC.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Due to client requirements, all candidates MUST BE US Citizens
- AutoPIPE (currently use 12.04), NWS, SPR
- Professional registration and membership in technical society
- Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
- Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting
- Practical field experience
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs