Nuclear Safety Basis Analysts 2020-166-HAINC-BD
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for Nuclear Safety Analysts to support, on an as-is needed basis, the National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia, LLC (NTESS) Nuclear Facility Safety Basis (NFSB) program, NFSB documents process, Unreviewed Safety Question (USQ) process, nuclear material modeling, and program assessments located at Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) on Kirtland Air Force Base (KAFB).
Support shall include the following:
- Develop, review, and maintain requirements, policies, and procedures that implement Department of Energy (DOE) rules, orders, standards and guides applicable to DOE nuclear facilities.
- Preparation and delivery of nuclear safety basis training courses.
- Review of Primary Hazard Screening (PHS) documentation for facility hazard categorization determinization.
- Review and management of Documents Safety Analysis (DSAs), Technical Safety Requirements (TSRs).
- Support Conduct of Operations and Readiness Review programs. Perform Readiness Reviews with the NTESS Team.
- Preparation and review of hazard identification, hazard analysis, hazard evaluation, event analysis, accident analysis.
- Assessment of facilities and operations for implementation of requirements.
- Develop, program and maintain software tools to assist in the management of safety issues such as USQ, sealed source inventory system, and tracking of radionuclides identified in DOE Standard 1027 with the NTESS team.
- Review and provide comments on new manual or operating procedures.
- Support the annual Energy Facility Contractors Group (EFCOG) workshop hosted by NTESS through review of presentations and coordination of logistics for the event.
- Ensure compliance of DOE Standard 1027, Hazard Categorization of DOE Nuclear Facilitiesthrough reviews and assessments of NTESS.
- Develop USQ Evaluations and Change Travelers to Corporate Environmental Safety & Health (ES&H) procedures.
- Plan and perform USQ Assessments with the NTESS Team.
- Support review of the Sandia Pulse Reactor (SPRF) Critical Experiment (CX) annual update and the hazard analysis and Annular Core Research Reactor Facility (ACRRF) Change notice documents.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum DOE "L" security clearance (some exceptions may apply).
- Work will require travel to SNL/NM facilities on Kirtland Air Force Base (KAFB). Occasional travel to SNL/CA or other remote sites may be required.