Nuclear Criticality Safety Engineer II/III 2021-059-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) Engineer who under limited supervision, performs NCS Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in NCS program implementation and engineering system design; which may include duties or activities in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Assists with tracking and trending of NCS performance.
- Assists with maintenance and supports NCS operability or engineering evaluations when necessary.
- Assists with preparation and disposition of problem reports.
- Performs basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress and preparation of procedures.
Prepares NCS Evaluations (NCSEs) and NCS Determinations (NCSDs) when qualified.
Prepares documentation of communications and meetings.
- Identifies and evaluates project issues and problems.
- Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members.
- Performs a variety of tasks general/routine complexity in nature.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
Approximate period of performance: Award - 9/30/2021
- BS degree in a related field and 3 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Typical experience ranges from 3 - 6 years.
- Basic understanding of pertinent codes, governing regulations and industry practices.
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes and standards as well as project procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Must possess a DOE “L” clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE “L” Clearance.
- Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.).
- Ability to carry several instruments/equipment or tools while walking extensively. Potential prolonged walking/standing, repeated pushing/pulling.
- Ability to perform medium to very heavy work, exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, non-repetitive, up to 50 pounds of force frequently (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), and/or more than 20 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf cart, gator, heavy equipment).
- Ability to work in confined areas, tanks, heat stress conditions, high noise and areas with radiation and chemical hazards.
- Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as but not limited to wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
- In some cases radiological training may be required.
- May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.