Mechanical/Nuclear Engineer 2022-390-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a Mechanical/Nuclear Engineer with experience with design and analysis of fluid systems with emphasis on cooling water systems in nuclear facility environments.
Performs and checks calculations and solves problems of high engineering complexity related to water flow and pressure drop requirements from existing design.
Apply expertise to analyze ECH/ICH system for effectiveness in meeting design requirements.
- Review’s specifications, drawings, and vendor equipment documentation from both within the discipline as well as from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements and actively seeks resolution.
- Ensures adherence to Industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures.
- Work with Technical managers, engineer, designers, and fabrication vendors to design and analyze complex piping systems and components.
- Conduct document checking and design verification tasks in accordance with company and project procedures.
- Contribute to design documentation and deliverables such as piping flexibility and stress reports, nozzle load reports, pipe support load calculations, and specialty item data sheets such as spring supports.
- Perform and check analysis and calculations, check isometrics, conduct studies and prepare reports.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines.
Education and Certifications Required: BS, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering or Related Field; MS (preferred)
Experience Level Desired (years): 5 years, BS (4 years, MS)
- B.S. in Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering or related field and minimum 5 years of experience.
- Experience with piping flow analysis software (e.g. Fathom, WaterGEMS) is required
- Experience working on nuclear piping systems
- M.Sc. Mechanical, Chemical, or Nuclear Engineering (or related field) and minimum 4 years of experience performing stress analysis
- Experience with fluid systems in a Nuclear facility
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.