Mechanical Design Engineer 2022-535-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer. In this role, you will create structural and mechanical design solutions, 3D CAD models and engineering drawings for the conceptual and preliminary design development for advanced Generation IV reactors. Candidates must have extensive experience in mechanical/structural design and drafting using a mainstream CAD system.
- Coordinate input and requirements from the Engineering and Project teams to produce mechanical and structural design solutions.
- Provide planning and schedule input for design activities.
- Create CAD models optimized for anticipated future work and engineering drawings.
- Create engineering drawings, applying ASME 14.1 and Y14.5 standards.
- Perform scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Interface with the team’s engineering analysis activities.
- Present mechanical design results for design reviews.
- Assess technical merit of solutions provided by team members, including leading mechanical design reviews.
- Interface with Subcontractors, providing direction and assimilating their work.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
Duration: ~ 12 months.
Work Location: Remote
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of five years of CAD proficiency is required, SoildWorks preferred.
- Ten years of mechanical and/or structural design experience is desired.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker.
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
- Nuclear design experience preferred.
- Experience with design codes such as the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is desired..
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.