I&C Safety Class / Safety Significant (SC/SS) Engineer 2023-491-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Women-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking an I&C Safety Class / Safety Significant (SC/SS) Engineer.
This position will serve as an I&C Safety Class/Safety Significant (SC/SS) Design Engineer, with demonstrated subject matter expertise with Nuclear Safety (SC/SS) requirements, design, and implementation.
- Develop Safety Class detailed hardware and infrastructure design documents and drawings including control cabinets, I/O drawings, wiring design, installation drawings, and cable schedules as required for hard-wired Safety Class Control System design.
- Develop Safety Significant detailed hardware and infrastructure design documents and drawings including control cabinets, I/O drawings, wiring design, network drawings, installation drawings, and cable schedules as required for Safety Significant Control System design.
- Apply South Carolina Professional Engineering stamp to Safety Class and Safety Significant Control System drawings and documents prior to Issue for Construction.
- Apply working knowledge of NQA1, NEC, ISA, and IEEE regulatory requirements to site facilities.
Work Location: Greenville, SC office
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant engineering field..
- 10+ years of cumulative relevant experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer, able to achieve licensure in South Carolina.
- Specific and Proven experience in Nuclear Safety Class Control System design and implementation including:
- Detailed knowledge of IEEE-603 and its application to Nuclear Facilities
- Understanding of the implementation of IEEE-323, IEEE-344, and IEEE-384 as it applies to Safety Related / Safety Class Instrumentation and Controls.
- Specific and Proven experience in Nuclear Safety Significant Control System design and implementation including:
- Understanding of ISA 84.01 and its application to safety system design and implementation.
- Understanding the LOPA process and how it affects SIL levels.
- Understanding of the implementation of different SIL levels and the affects on instrumentation and control systems.
- Certified Functional Safety Engineer (CFSE) is a plus.