HFIR CAD Designer 2023-043-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a CAD Designer.
Operating at 85 MW, High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR) is the highest flux reactor-based source of neutrons for research in the United States, and it provides one of the highest steady-state neutron fluxes of any research reactor in the world. The thermal and cold neutrons produced by HFIR are used to study physics, chemistry, materials science, engineering, and biology. The Research Reactors Division (RRD) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) operates the HFIR.
HFIR is slated for an extended 9-month reactor outage (Beryllium Outage) to begin in 2025 to replace/refurbish critical reactor vessel components to continued reactor operations for another 20 years. The outage preparation activities will take several years with additional staff augmentation. The augmented staff will be supporting the HFIR Beryllium Reflector Replacement (HBRR) project. Specifically, the individual will be working closely with RRD system engineers and QA and Procurement support staff to oversee and manage engineering procurements of the reactor vessel components and beam tube assemblies for replacement during the planned HFIR Beryllium Outage. This position will report to the RRD Plant Life Extension Manager and interacts with personnel at all levels within the HFIR.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and revised engineering drawings under direction of task engineers or designers..
- Prepares engineering drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Identifies and resolves model design, and interface problems with system engineers.
- Produces multi-system, multi-discipline installation drawings and specifications.
- Prepares clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings from layouts, rough or detailed sketches, electronic databases, or written or verbal instructions.
- Works with Design Basis Group lead to ensure accuracy and completeness of drawings in the HFIR Drawing database system.
Period of Performance: 18 months
- Associates degree in an engineering discipline with two years of experience in drafting support of complex multi-discipline systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must be proficient in the use of SolidWorks software and demonstrate the capability of producing 3D models, drawings, as well as manipulating scanned images.
- Possess a working knowledge of GD&T tolerance ASME Y14.5, weld selection, process/machine design.
- Experience with large scale assembly, machined part design, piping design/P&ID.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.