Fire Protection Engineer 2020-333-HAINC-CI
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Fire Protection Engineer to provide fire protection technical support for the SRS Fire Protection Program and operating facilities on site. Typical duties include:
• Work as a Fire Protection Engineer (FPE) with demonstrated FPE subject matter expertise with industrial and nuclear Fire Protection suppression, alarms and detection requirements.
• Provide technical direction and guidance in the development and implementation of the Fire Protection Program. As assigned, prepare building fire hazards analysis (FHA) for specific buildings and/or projects.
• Develop and effectively utilize sound engineering principles and capabilities in the conduct of appropriate fire modeling, fire water and fire flow calculations.
• Evaluate and develop cost-effective, safe alternative solutions and approaches in problem solving field issues in order to maintain compliance with codes and requirements consistent with safe practices and operations.
• Develop and implement effective fire protection designs for compliance with fire codes, standards, and regulations.
• Provide technical support/guidance to facility management and staff on all fire protection related issues including but not limited to installation, inspection, maintenance, and operations of fire protection systems and components.
• Conduct facility evaluations/assessments for compliance with procedures and fire protection codes and standards, identify deficiencies, recommend corrective actions and provide the necessary technical support to resolve issues. Evaluate alternate means and methods for achieving code compliance.
• Assist in the identification of consistent fire system inspection and testing program that satisfies the intent of the National Fire Codes, S/RID and DOE requirements.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge and understanding of SRNS 2Q “Fire Protection Program Manual”.
• Have a strong working knowledge of National Fire Protection Association Codes and IBC regulatory requirements, as well as experience. A strong understanding of Fire Protection requirements compliant in DOE Orders (e.g. 420 series and DOE-STD-1066-2012 is preferred.
• Candidate must be capable of becoming SRS Radiological Worker qualified to remain in this position.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Experience/Skills: Candidate shall have a minimum of 7 years of experience in Fire Protection Engineering. Candidate must demonstrate familiarity with DOE orders/Guides and requirements with regards to fire safety as well has knowledge of NFPA codes and standards. Additionally, candidate shall have the ability to produce written documents with clearly organized structure and grammar and the ability to operate Windows Microsoft Office applications. Candidate shall be able to communicate orally with management, facility personnel, and DOE customers regarding fire protection issues and be able to perform walk down systems in the field.