Design Engineer II (Civil) 2021-106-HASLLC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer to perform the following:
Under direct supervision, performs Design Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in engineering design and development. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas: civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical or chemical in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Assists with tracking and trending of Design performance.
- Assists with maintenance/supports Design operability or engineering evaluations when necessary.
- Assists with the preparation of dispositions problem reports on assigned projects.
- Perform and check most types of calculations and design using both computer-aided and manual design techniques.
- Performs basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress and preparation of Procedures.
- Prepares documentation of communications and meetings.
- Identifies and evaluates project issues and problems.
- Provides assigned technical or functional support to operations and team members.
- Performs a variety of tasks general/routine complexity in nature.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
- BS degree in a related field and 3 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 3- 6 years.
- Basic understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and Industry practices.
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes and standards as well as project procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Must possess a DOE "L' clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE "L" Clearance.
Work is normally in an office environment at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Some exposure to excessive heat and cold on limited bases. Must have the ability to climb ladders, and steps. Accurate distance, near and depth vision is required. Foot, eye and hearing protection are required to be worn when working outside of the office environment. Potential exposure to heavy equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to perform sedentary to moderate work, exerting up to 50 pounds occasionally, non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds frequently, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
In some cases radiological training may be required including the ability to wear respiratory protection and disposable PPE.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.