Consultants and Specialist Management-PC (Level 4) 2023-482-HSPS-CF
HukariAscendent is a Women-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are a seeking a Consultants and Specialist Management 4 with great communication skills, a professional manner, and multi-tasking ability to support the CH TRU Waste Operations and Waste Management organizations.
The Consultant and Specialist Management 4 ensures that costs for CH-TRU products and services are allocated according to company procedures and in compliance with financial accounting standards and will be responsible for department level oversight of cost control systems, manages and interprets cost audits and prepares cost accounting reports. Acting as a working manager reporting directly to the department manager, serves to coordinate all technical and administrative cost, budget, and performance activities in an efficient manner to ensure that the department requirements and deadlines are met. Coordinate with other organizations, professionals, field personnel, and subcontractors to accomplish the efficient and smooth implementation of CH TRU directives.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Works with the Project Managers (PMs) to plan projects, work scopes and level of effort activities in accordance with established policies and procedures utilizing EVMS and project management principles; interprets statements of work and subcontracts from a schedule and cost feasibility perspective; analyzes proposals where price and/or technical evaluations are involved and assists in the decision making process involving multiple objectives.
- Works with operations managers to plan work scope, maintain forecast schedules, ETC updates and identify and schedule activities outside the normal flow of operations.
- Ensures that project/department goals/milestones are met, adhering to approved budgets. Supports the integrated project.
- Gathers historical cost data (materials, labor, operating expenses, etc.) to compare budget with actual expenses.
- Supports the Program Manager and Directors responsible for work scope, schedule, costs, and risks with monthly reporting on all project statuses.
- Ensure assigned projects meet the requirements of the N3B EVMS and Control Account Management duties.
- Provide technical Project Controls expertise in the areas of field observation, cost and schedule variance analysis, and development of all project progress, financial, and EVMS reports and communications related to assigned projects and level of effort work activities.
- Work with the PM and IPT to develop corrective action plans for schedule delays.
- Provide Project Controls support in project meetings with EM-LA to include variance reporting, corrective action development, schedule and cost what if scenarios, and project / financial status.
- Prepare Baseline Change Proposals and represent the program, as needed, during the change control process.
Regular Labor Hours: 987
Period of Performance: Award – April 29, 2024.
Place of Performance: Los Alamos, New Mexico at the CH-TRU waste remediation project, telecommuting and travel is authorized.
Trave: 4 months
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Advanced knowledge of Project Management tools, processes and principles.
- Skill and ability to perform critical cost evaluations, including variance analysis, to support the PMs and operations managers in managing the work and correcting adverse trends prior to them becoming an issue in meeting the N3B mission.
- Demonstrated ability to have major impact on organizational success and productivity, with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Advanced skills for effective communication at the highest levels.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee activities for programs and projects in the organization.
- Demonstrated history of encouraging and mentoring other staff.
- Mathematical skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- Proficient in MS Office to include MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills, with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Identifying, managing and mitigating risks.
Preferred and Desired Qualifications
- Previous or current HAZWOPER qualification.
- Previous or current RAD Worker qualification.
- Estimating of materials, equipment and labor hours
- Experience at a RCRA permitted facility
- Experience using scheduling software (Microsoft Projects, Primavera P6)
- Project Management or operations environment experience