Construction Engineers 2022-649-HAINC-CF
We are seeking Construction Engineers, levels 2 and 3.
The Plutonium Infrastructure Engineering Division of Los Alamos National Laboratory develops, maintains, and applies a diverse set of engineering capabilities to provide innovative engineering solutions that enable the Laboratory's scientific and national security mission. This position is responsible for implementing the Conduct of Engineering (COE) program at Los Alamos National Laboratory. The positions are primarily in nuclear facilities of the Laboratory. The program elements include processes, standards, training, and qualifications that are generally applicable throughout the life cycle of a facility. They exist to effectively manage risks and satisfy customer requirements in a safe, secure, cost effective, and environmentally responsible manner.
The Construction Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the technical aspects of construction and maintenance projects are executed in full conformance with the Approved Project Documents by monitoring facility maintenance and construction activities. This is accomplished by providing input during scoping, design, execution, and project closeout to ensure baseline documents are accurate, design documents are adhered to, and as-built configurations are verified. Field Engineers expedite project execution by identifying issues, coordinating technical solutions, and providing timely guidance to the constructor through approved procedures.
POP: 2 years, with possible extension.
Location: 100% onsite, TA-55.
Work schedule (9/80A or 5-8s or 4-10s) 4-10s. Must be available for all shifts! M-Th 1pm – 11:30pm M – Thu 6:30pm – 5:00am & Thu-Sun 6:30pm – 5:00am.
Construction Engineer 2: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Science, Math or related degree and 5 years of directly related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation.
Construction Engineer 3: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Technology, Science, Math or related degree from an accredited institution and 8 years related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of field engineering principles.
- Demonstrated expertise in reading and understanding engineering design documents, drawings, and specifications to ensure their completeness and constructability.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting construction industry specifications, construction means and methods, and national construction codes and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate engineering solutions both verbally and in writing for management, customers, peers, and craft personnel.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting field verifications of construction work to oversee, facilitate, and enforce compliance with drawings, specifications, national codes and standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency in collaborative problem solving to resolve facility and infrastructure engineering issues in the field as the liaison between design engineers and the constructor.
- Design and/or construction experience in nuclear, accelerator, laboratory, or industrial facility operations.
- Demonstrated ability to review material take-offs against project documents to ensure compliance with design and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of engineering and construction techniques, applications of engineering and construction methods, and application of technology and tools to conventional facility operation and construction operations.
- Experience with design and/or installation of facility and infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrated experience using and interpretating industry, regulatory, or Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) codes, standards, and criteria pertinent to the particular construction discipline. • Knowledge of DOE and LANL Engineering Standards and Conduct of Engineering.
- NICET, Bixey, Journeymans, and a Masters Electrician license.
- Understanding Construction Specifications.
- Communication and Liaison.
- Some amount of Field Experience.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.