Communications Security Engineer 2023-147-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking for a CommSec (Communications and Security Systems) Engineer.
Communications includes but is not limited to:
- Entertainment Systems (broadcast television, music, news, weather, training, electronic billboards, etc.)
- ERC (Emergency Response Center)
- FMS (Facility Monitoring System)
- Hot Line (point to point phone)
- LAN (Local Area Network)
- OSP (Outside Plant Cable)
- Process CCTV monitoring
- RF (Radio Frequency) Network (radio, cellular, microwave, DAS, satellite, VSAT, Radar, Sonar, Navaids, marine, aeronautical, etc.)
- SCS (Structured Cabling System)
- Telephony (PABX, VoIP)
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for communications and security systems
- WAMNS (Wide Area Mass Notification System)
- WAN (Wide Area Network)
- Weather Monitoring System
Security includes but is not limited to:
- Access Control
- Key Monitoring
- Personnel Access (badging, electronic turnstiles)
- RFID (Radio Frequency Identification)
- Vehicle Access (electronic gates, electronic barriers/bollards)
- Surveillance (Security CCTV)
- Intrusion Detection
- fence line
- Body Scanner
- Data Removal System
- Detection Portals
- Early Launch Missile Detection
- LRAD (Long Range Acoustic Device)
- ROWS (Remote Operated Weapons System)
Note: Security Systems does NOT include:
- Physical Security (i.e. boots on the ground/guys with guns) – that is usually a security guard company
- Physical Security (doors, concrete barriers, fence, manual gate) – that is CSA (Civil/Structural/Architectural)
- Cyber Security (this is a gray area. We design the network (hardware) with security in mind, but the owner (client) IT will install, configure and manage the software that is the Cyber Security).
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No degree is required, but degrees in Information Technology as well as the major manufacture certifications of the systems listed above (Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, Dell, IBM, Honeywell, Corning, etc.) are helpful as well as hands on experience in design and/or installation.