Civil Engineer 2022-563-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for Civil Engineers to support the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility (SRPPF) project.
- Generate designs related to water distribution systems, water supply, sewage collection, distribution, and treatment, grading and drainage, and pavement evaluation and design.
- Generate and review the accuracy of design/evaluation calculations, specifications, while engaged in the planning, design, and construction phases of engineering projects.
- Generate and review the accuracy of design/evaluation calculations, and specifications.
- Estimating and budgeting support.
- Familiarity with computer aided drafting applications is required.
10/30/2022: Update - GVL
9/29/2022: Original - Remote work requests will be evaluated. Will need to be in the office a minimum of two weeks per month.
Education and Experience
Civil Engineer: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, or equivalent degree, with a minimum of 5 years combined relevant design/field experience required.
Senior Civil Engineer: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in design, estimating, specification preparation, construction document preparation, and related phases of engineering. Professional Engineer License preferred but not required.
Principal Civil Engineer: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in design, estimating, specification preparation, construction document preparation, and related phases of engineering. Professional Engineer License preferred but not required.
Strong Understanding of Civil industrial work, ability to perform detailed layout and design of the following:
- Site Paving Layout and Geometry
- Site Grading and Drainage
- Storm Drainage Design
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Stormwater Ponds
- Routing of Underground Utilities (storm drain, sanitary/process sewer, firewater, water and others)
- Sanitary Sewer Design (gravity and pressure systems, pump stations)
- Preparation of Civil related Permits and Reports (NPDES/SCDHEC Stormwater and Erosion/Sediment Control; Sanitary Sewer and Potable Water)
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Modeling software (stormwater pond design, storm drainage design/pipe networks, earthwork cut and fill calculations)
- Hydrologic analysis and hydraulic design
- Preparing Specifications
- Procurement and construction aspects of engineering
- Vendor drawing review, intergroup review – squad checking
- Engineering drawing checking
- Managing and leading a small to medium project
- Intermediate knowledge of:
- Managing and leading a medium/large project
- 2D and 3D design software and procedures
- Basic knowledge of:
- Boundary and topographical surveys(civil)
- Geotechnical engineering and investigations
Must be a U.S. Citizen. Must have a working knowledge of Federal (including Department of Energy Orders), State, and Local codes and standards applicable to civil engineering design.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.