CAD Designers 2020-261-HAINC-CI
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for one CAD Designer to support the Canister Decon System and Plant Decon System. The Canister Decon System has now completed conceptual design. This is a skid mounted system requiring multiple plant interfaces. These interfaces include electrical, instrumentation, liquid nitrogen and structural. All of these interfaces require Integrated Waste Treatment Unit (IWTU) engineering time.
Plant Decon System has only been developed up through technical and functional requirements. The Client does not yet have a conceptual design. There are three main areas requiring significant engineering time.
- Dry Evacuation and Transfer subsystem
- Liquid Delivery, Evacuation and Reprocessing subsystem
- Manual Decontamination, Tooling, Fixtures and Shielding subsystem.
Designers will participate as members of an integrated engineering design project group. Designers will apply acquired design and drafting skills to design and develop 3-D models, engineered design details, drawings and other supporting documentation; create project specifications; and develop project cost and schedule documents. Be totally committed to safety in the workplace, for yourself and for others. Support the Fluor Idaho One Safety program goals for maintaining a safety conscious work environment including active participation in Fluor safety programs and activities. Applies acquired multi-disciplined CAD design/drafting skills and techniques to prepare and/or check new and revised drawings in support of structures, systems or components (SSC) as required. Acts as drafting lead to ensure work of lower level coworkers is accurate and complete.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor Degree (or equivalent of four years relevant experience).
• Requires a working knowledge of CAD 2D/3D graphics drafting/design modeling software, preferably current release of AutoCAD compatible.
• Requires the application of design and layout skills and techniques normally acquired by having a basic drafting education followed by experience supplemented with continuing formal and informal engineering course work.
• Requires a broad background in nationally recognized standards associated with drawing and specification convention/interpretation with emphasis on AE design and construction methodology and documentation.
• Requires experience in the practical application of the Configuration Management aspects of construction vs. operational documentation.
• Requires demonstrated competency for organizing and planning design projects/task budgets and schedules.
• Must be familiar with the company’s procedures for developing and maintaining drawings MCP-2377 and drawing standards STD-11.
• Receives general supervision.
• Trains junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.