CAD/CATIA Designer 2023-528-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a CAD/CATIA Designer to support US ITER. Activities needed to support the project deliverables are defined by a resource loaded schedule. These activities may evolve over time. The initial deliverables shall include:
- CAD models and drawings of the Vacuum Systems and Roughing Pump System using CATIA V5 CAD software with ITER environment and settings:
- Model and drawing preparation per US ITER processes
- Checking models/drawings, including use of Q-Checker application
- Drawing review and approval process
- Prepare bills of materials and work estimates
- Model/drawing configuration management and revisions
- Supporting technical information and design communication as required:
- Preparation and maintenance of 3DVIA model viewer files
- Preparation of figures and illustrations derived from CAD data
Work Location: Oak Ridge at Commerce Park (preferred).
Period of Performance: 18 months.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.
AS degree and 7+ years’ experience creating 3D models and drawings of complex mechanical, electrical, or piping systems.
Experience with CATIA V5 Plant Design and ISOGEN or equivalent software for generation of piping isometric drawings is a plus.
Experience with CATIA V5 Part/Assembly Design, DMU, Drafting, and Structures workbenches and ASME Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is also preferred.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain site access clearance (physical and/or electronic systems) from the Department of Energy and Oak Ridge National Laboratory, whether working on-site or remote. As such, this position is a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement background check and drug test. Post-placement for WSAP positions potentially require participation in an ongoing random drug testing program, if designated by the requesting organization.