HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
HukariAscendent is looking an Architect to perform the following:
- Generate, oversee and/or coordinate plans, and overall designs for facilities and area planning. Ability to work on multiple projects, maintain a high level of detail, work well with technical people, adapt to project demands, and be capable of completing their work load with little oversight. Meet with customers and facility personnel to determine and document objectives and functional requirements for new and modified facilities.
- Prepare and review procurement and construction specifications, including requests for proposals for new and modified facilities. Prepare work statements for complex subcontracts and procurements, evaluate bids, and make recommendation for awards.
- Ensure that specifications and proposed designs meet applicable federal, state and International Building Code requirements.
- Serve as subject matter expert for questions and issues related to facility code compliance. Resolve conflicting customer expectations and design requirements, utilize unconventional technology and materials, and cross-discipline integration. Interpret and adapt guidelines for specific cases.
- Follow and manage project budget, work plans, costs, consultants and schedule. Develop design ideas, diagrams, digital models, presentation materials, and production work for a multitude of project types.
- Use Autodesk AutoCAD/Revit and/or Bentley Micro Station.
- Coordinate technical drawings, specifications and other contract deliverables with consultants and subcontractors. Develop solutions to technical problems including identifying proper subject matter experts.
- Review submittals, requests for information and other project documentation.
- Coordinate team efforts to complete a project promptly and successfully.
Period of Performance: ~6 months with potential extension.
Work Location: Remote, with travel to NNSS as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in an Architecture program accredited by the NAAB, plus at least 5 years’ relevant experience. Skill building experience must demonstrate either deeper technical specialization or additional cross-disciplinary knowledge. Graduate research experience may be recognized.
Advanced degree from a National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) Institution preferred.
National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) certification preferred.
Professional Architecture Registration/License in a U.S. Jurisdiction, with the ability to be licensed in the State of Nevada within 6 months of hire.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.