Accountants and Auditors 2021-058-HSPS-6a
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking candidates to support Newport News Nuclear BWXT Los Alamos, LLC (N3B) as the prime contractor (the “Contractor”) to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Environmental Management (EM) to perform legacy cleanup at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), under the oversight of the DOE. N3B’s mission at LANL is to clean up the sites safely and reduce risk to the public, workers and the environment associated with legacy material, facilities and waste sites.
Accountants and Auditors examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements and installing or advising on systems of recording costs or other financial and budgetary data (business managers, financial analysts, finance auditors, budget analysts).
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Monitor and maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, company and department procedures, contractual obligations, and adopted cost accounting standards.
- Perform complex accounting tasks related to various functions including accounts payable, general ledger, travel, and payroll.
- Independently review contracts, orders, vouchers, and other agreements to substantiate individual transactions.
- Coordinate and oversee various projects within the department which may include supervising others and organizing various tasks.
- Implement changes and complete assignments in accordance with the working schedule.
- Work with various auditors and reviewers to support requests.
- Assist in maintaining adherence to internal controls, policies and procedures; manage operational data and maintain accuracy and integrity.
- Review and/or audit payroll and benefits.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.