Sr. Quality Assurance (QA) Inspector - Civil 2021-125-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for three Sr. QA Civil Inspectors to plan, perform and document independent inspections in accordance with documented procedures, established acceptance criteria (standards), and industry practices, as defined in the implementing documents, and perform verification of corrective actions.
Plan and perform independent inspections to determine the compliance of processes, activities, structures, systems and components (SSCs) to specified acceptance. Work from appropriate procedures, codes, specifications, standards, drawings, inspection tools/techniques, items, components, activities, and inspection planning and reporting methods. Achieve and maintain discipline specific qualifications. Perform documentation functions associated within inspection records, logs, work orders and other related documentation. Apply job skill proficiencies in inspection techniques and the use of inspection tools, equipment, measurement standards, measuring and test equipment (M&TE) and related instrumentation. Provide technical assistance, training, and familiarization of independent inspection and basic concepts to inspectors, supervision, craft, and engineers. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Perform independent inspection activities in accordance with approved procedures and work
instructions. Perform measurements and verify output of M&TE. Read and understand
procedures to allow verification of essential or specified inspection criteria. Interpret engineering and design drawings for implementation of inspection activities. Perform mathematical calculations as required to determine correct values or make conversions. Pass a visual examination as required (J-1 Exam of Eyes).
- If required, complete and maintain required radiological training. Capable of working in radiological environment requiring the use of protective clothing and respiratory equipment.
- Be capable of using ladders climbing stairs, lifting, walking or standing for extended periods of time, working 12 hours in a 24-hour period.
- Perform inspection planning activities as required to verify quality and conformance to specified acceptance criteria. Perform pre/post work document review in accordance with established procedures. Perform surveillance, in-process monitoring or assessment activities, as required.
- Perform verification of corrective actions to ensure elements (task) have been fully and correctly implemented.
If required, must be able to work/support shift activities (and weekends, if needed).
Also, must be able to work overtime as approved and directed by management.
Period of Performance: One year from the date of award with the option to extend for (1) one year period.
- Past or current inspection certifications as a Level II Inspector in the Civil/Structural discipline.
- Additional inspection experience of other disciplines is good.
- Obtain qualification/certification for Civil Inspectors.