Sr. Electrical Engineer 2022-496-HAINC-BD
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical engineering of for Nuclear Materials handling equipment.
- Electrical engineering for installation of Nuclear Science Scientific Instrumentation.
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and relates fields.
- Works on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with complex features.
- Receives supervision and guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
- Receives direction on unusual conditions and developments.
- May serve as Discipline Representative.
- Coordinates portions of overall assignments and review.
- Analyzes and approves the work of others.
- Conceptual and detailed design of low voltage power distribution, lighting, grounding, motor control systems, PLC/PAC, HMI’s process equipment and instrumentation.
- Routinely interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors and others.
- Leads project meetings and makes presentations.
- Represents the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and related organizations.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural-Engineering with Electrical Emphasis Engineering required from an ABET Accredited Program. Engineering Technology degree will not be considered.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of experience.
- If working from Albuquerque office, then occasional travel to Merrick’s Los Alamos office and fabrication shops in Colorado should be expected.
- Client projects for this position require US Citizenship
- PE License required
- Ability to meet vaccination mandate requirements for Department of Energy (DOE) client site access for this position is strongly preferred.
- The client projects for this position require your ability to obtain and maintain a LANL uncleared badge. The current requirements for LANL subcontractor badge holders include:
- Your proof of COVID-19 vaccination or religious/medical exemption that meets Merrick policies.
- If the exemption is granted, additional testing, masking, and reporting is required by LANL.
- If at any time the requirements of the client change, then the Client will modify these requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Uses advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices of sciences and disciplines to complete assignments
- Experienced in Electrical Power Calculation Software
- Experienced in application of National Electrical Code
- Working knowledge of NFPA, ISA, IEEE Regulatory Codes
- Familiar with NQA-1 requirements
- Extensive knowledge of nuclear/industrial related design
- Subject Matter Expert
Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.