Sr. Control Systems Engineering Specialist 2018-404-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified candidates to perform the following:
• Reviews and prepares higher tier engineering documents and drawings related to the Control Systems engineering discipline.
• Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements in the preparation of Control Systems design products.
• Activities include the following (but not limited to): coordination with other engineering disciplines, review project design criteria, vendor drawings/manuals, Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P & IDs) and Mechanical System Descriptions to determine control and instrumentation functional requirements, selection of instrumentation in conjunction with process and mechanical requirements, prepare Digital Logic Diagrams and Functional Block Diagrams, prepare Document Change Notices, markup the P&IDs to add control functionality for intermediate/advanced process control systems.
• Coordinates technical issues with Startup & Commissioning and provides assistance to Construction in the field.
• Contributes to maintaining the project’s instrument database using automated tools and has knowledge of the applicability of information to be populated in the instrument database.
• Achieves work process improvement and promotes continuous work process improvement. The Engineer shall champion non-proprietary electronic data interchange and integrate automation technology where ever practical.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
Period of Performance: ~ 12 months.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.