SOW/Specification Writer 2019-469-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a Statement of Work/Specification Writer to support SRNS. Primary responsibilities include:
• Provide timely, cost-effective technical support to identify and specify the functional, technical, and quality requirements associated with an item or service that is to be obtained through a procurement activity
• Work closely with the assigned project or department personnel who initiate procurements to gather requirements and establish technical and schedule baselines
• Translate customer requirements into proper acquisition language and format
• Research and gather technical and approval information
• Prepare Statements of Work or Specifications for the acquisition of design services or project equipment in accordance with SRNS procedures
Candidate must be able to perform weekly field walk-downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk-downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances over a half mile, climbing ladders to access remote areas, dressing out in protective clothing, and environments where a respirator is required.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education: BS Degree in Engineering/Architecture or current registration as a Professional Engineer/Architect.
Experience/Skills: Candidate must demonstrate 7 years engineering work experience in the nuclear or process chemical industry with a minimum of 3 years of relevant technical writing experience.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to multitask several work assignments supporting different project teams in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of SRNS Statement of Work and Specification writing procedures is preferred.