Senior HVAC Design Engineer II 2019-052b-HASLLC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr. HVAC Design Engineer to perform Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management In engineering equipment design and development; system design; materials testing; review, checking and commenting on designs/drawings/data prepared by other engineers and subcontractors; and engineering studies and report preparation. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Provide analysis and assistance for mechanical matters affecting the X-333 Material Sizing Area (MSA) Project and associated Compactor Facility with emphasis on HVAC in radiological environments including HEAP filtration, gas stripping, heating and cooling, etc.
• Provide engineering analysis and assistance including simple mechanical evaluations, mechanical designs, and simple process flow systems.
• Prepares preliminary and final specifications and designs for equipment and facility changes to improve project performance and safety.
• Performs inspections, assessment of hazards; and development of recommendations on mechanical issues affecting the project.
• Evaluates operations & proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering principles, standards, federal, state, or local statutes, and environmental regulations.
• Provides field technical guidance for simple changes, troubleshooting and maintenance of a variety of mechanical equipment including fluid systems, machine tools, cranes, HVAC, lifting fixtures, equipment environmental closures, etc. ·
• Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential automation and technologies for application to improve project performance and safety.
• Works with Engineering team to provide technical guidance to field project personnel.
• Maintains familiarity with current technical developments in pertinent scientific areas.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all data and work produced
• Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• BS degree in mechanical engineering or a related engineering field, or comparable field experience and a minimum of five years of applicable experience are required.
• Experienced with HVAC designs for radiological environments.
• Typical experience ranges from 5 - 10 years.
• Experience at, and familiarity with, PORTS site desirable.
• Active DOE clearance desirable.