Senior I&C Engineer 2021-217-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a I&C Engineer to be relied upon to perform a variety of engineering and design activities involving power plant upgrades and/or new power plant projects. The individual should have extensive experience with power plant system instrumentation and control strategies and must have technical knowledge of legacy equipment and a thorough understanding of digital control systems design that are based on the latest digital platforms.
- The individual will be responsible for planning, organizing and preparing modifications and shall be capable of independently evaluating, selecting and using standards, techniques, procedures and criteria for technical projects.
- The individual must be familiar with codes and standards applicable to the nuclear power industry as well as possess a working knowledge of applicable NRC regulations.
- Typical activities include developing specifications and/or modification packages, defining l&C design scope, developing design criteria documents, identifying and selecting control valves and instruments, developing control system functionality, developing control system architectures and defining 1/0 device interfaces.
- The position includes managing budget, scope schedule and quality associated with the
- designated work assignment with minimal guidance and technical oversight.
- Position will require the ability to devise new approaches to technical problems with a broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
- The position will require interfacing and coordinating with multiple design disciplines as well as with the customer's representatives.
- The individual must be able to work on project teams with other control engineers to evaluate conditions as well as proposed modifications which will improve plant performance, safety and reliability.
- The individual must have experience in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data prepared by other engineers.
- Managing project teams as well as providing mentoring oversight to entry level and junior engineers will be required.
Period of Performance: 6 months.
Work Location: Office in Stonington, CT.
Education Required: BS in electrical, mechanical, nuclear, chemical, computer or
process/controls engineering from an accredited university that includes course work in analog
and digital control systems.
Experience Required: 9 years (minimum) of experience with at least 6 of those years with
Other Qualifications Required:
- All applicants must possess excellent and clear verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, is required.
- Effective time management skills are required as position may involve working on several projects concurrently.
- Successful candidate will be required to understand and comply with company policies, procedures and processes.
- Ability to pass security and drug screening, and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access is required.
- Overtime work is required at times. Travel is required to client sites with occasional periods of field/office work.
- Ability to perform walk downs of equipment in an industrial plant environment, to include climbing ladders, accessing security controlled areas, and entering confined spaces and controlled hazardous areas is required.
- Experience in the nuclear power industry and actual field experience, plant procedures, processes on nuclear plant projects is required.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.