Refueling and Remote Handling Robotics/Automation 2019-529-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for Refueling and Remote Handling Robotics Specialist to perform the following
essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and innovation.
2. Provides and utilizes system engineering input in the development of reactor servicing tools, inspection equipment, and control systems.
3. Prepares, checks, and reviews engineering reports, system descriptions and specifications, drawings, calculations, and other design documents with particular emphasis on reactor servicing tooling and inspection systems, machine and component design. Works on complex tasks in multiple and diverse areas.
4. Work collaboratively with the Nuclear Steam Supply System (NSSS) Component design organization to ensure adequate features are provided to interface with NuScale’s reactor servicing tools to ensure that functional and performance requirements are met.
5. Works closely with Systems Engineering and the Operations group to develop work sequences and handling plans as part of an integrated tool design scheme.
6. Develops and maintains engineering standards and criteria.
7. Assists in the planning and organization of complex engineering work. Performs innovative and complex engineering assignments on a team dedicated to the development of an engineered product; interprets scope and requirements of projects; develops alternative methods to achieve project goals.
8. Supports and manages procurement of activities related to equipment design, fabrication and testing activities.
9. Assists other teams by utilizing sound technical approaches and engineering standards to solve problems in technical areas of expertise.
10. Self-manages workload and deadlines.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a contract assignment with anticipated duration through the remainder of 2019. Work location will be full-time in Corvallis.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Education: A B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Nuclear Engineering from a four year accredited (ABET preferred) college or university. A PE license in Mechanical, Electrical, or Nuclear Engineering is desirable.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience. Demonstrated experience required in:
1. Implementing engineering design processes to design mechanical handling equipment and systems. Prior experience operating in a nuclear operating environment is a plus.
2. Planning, preparing, and checking mechanical design documents for mechanical equipment and systems.
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and stand, walk, bend, use hands to operate office equipment, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and review s information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently. Seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Written work is accurate, clear, and succinct, is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization, and is comfortable interacting with peers face to face in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Creativity/Innovation: Able to identify new or alternative solutions to improve equipment operating efficiency and reliability, or to overcome technical challenges. Actively contributes ideas and opinions.
- Planning/organizing: Assists in the prioritization and planning of work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events. Willing to be taught the additional knowledge required for the design of remote/automated equipment operating in a nuclear environment.
- Dependability: Accountable team members honor work commitments, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.