Project Controls Engineer 2020-172-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a qualified Project Controls Engineer (PCE) to perform the following general duties:
1. Provide day-to-day project controls support to Functional Managers and their respective teams.
2. Implement functional direction in day-to-day activities.
3. Implement UCOR's Integrated Safety Management System through use of the five core functions and seven guiding principles in planning and execution of work.
1. Perform cost engineering, analysis and control activities, schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities.
2. Support functional organizational and administrative activities when delegated.
3. Provide guidance to Functional Managers and Functional Team members on Project Controls issues.
4. Prepare monthly job man-hour and cost reports for comparing budget and actual data on functional budgets.
5. Enter the costs and man-hour estimates into the performance monitoring system for functions.
6. Analyze trends and problems in relation to cost and/or schedule data.
7. Prepare cost-trend estimates and assist in the preparation of change orders for functions.
8. Prepare and status functional schedules in Primavera Project Planner.
9. Review and verify schedule status based on functional team and subcontractor input for actual progress.
10. Work with functional team members to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
11. Develop, maintain, and control integrated baselines.
12. Prepare budget request documents to include opening of functional cost codes and providing subcontract accrual data as required.
13. Review time charges against functions and coordinate corrections as necessary.
14. Prepare, analyze, and present cost, estimating, planning, scheduling, and performance information to management.
15. Support management team at meetings, i.e. Functional Performance Reviews, Monthly Status Reviews, Life Cycle Baseline meetings, funding meetings, and misc. data calls.
16. Support internal, DOE, I.G., and GAO audits as required.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education: Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science, or any appropriate field.
Experience: Three years project controls related experience. Knowledge of project controls principles, good computer and communication skills, and thorough understanding of earned value management techniques. Additional applicable experience can replace a bachelor degree.