Procurement Specialist 2018-474-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a qualified Procurement Specialist to perform tasks involved in the formation and administration of purchase orders. Communicates with suppliers and personnel to establish clear definition of requirements and to assure performance to purchase order terms and conditions. Performs expediting activities on a project, in a support office, or at a jobsite in accordance with Project Procurement and Functional Expediting Procedures. Ensures the timely delivery of materials and equipment to meet project needs. Represents Procurement at project team meetings.
Position Responsibilities related to Purchasing
• Forms and issues purchase orders by performing the following: Prepares bidders' lists, prequalifies bidders, forms bid packages, issues bid requests, coordinates bidders' questions, receives bids, prepares Commercial Bid Summary and recommendation letter, recommends and secures approvals in accordance with established procedures, prepares and commits order, and prepares and maintains control and status reporting documents.
• Administers assigned purchase orders, performing the following functions:
o Establishes files and controls for all outgoing and incoming correspondence on each assigned order.
o Monitors supplier performance for conformance to commercial terms.
o Monitors activities by Engineering and other in-house functions to ensure compliance with the order terms.
o Initiates follow-up actions with the supplier or in-house functional group to ensure performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions.
o Informs or works with other project Procurement personnel as assigned to the administration of the order.
o Analyzes and distributes those suppliers' reports specified in the order/contract.
• Communicates with suppliers as necessary to achieve required service and results from potential and actual suppliers to meet project needs.
• Communicates with Engineering to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material requisitions for the procurement of materials and equipment and to achieve the understanding needed to process these requisitions.
Position Responsibilities related to Expediting
• Contacts suppliers to obtain timely submission of engineering data, and to follow-up on material acquisition, production progress and shipment.
• Evaluates production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if their programs and work progress meet jobsite requirements.
• Compiles data needed to prepare the critical items reports or other supplementary reports as required. Coordinates the accumulation of data from project expediters and issues reports for the expediting group.
• Coordinates with planning and scheduling, field material coordinators or jobsite project expediters and construction to establish priorities, sequences, and required delivery dates and instructs suppliers accordingly.
• Expedites engineering for the timely review, approval, and return of engineering data submitted by suppliers.
• Maintains a working file of expediting related documents and memoranda of conversations to record expediting activities. Maintains a system to initiate follow-up actions at appropriate times. Provides information for area expediting assignments for prime and suborders, as necessary.
• Updates Procurement System and Supplier Performance Database in a timely manner.
• Coordinates shipping arrangements or tracking requests with the project traffic representative.
• Reviews material receiving reports against shipping documents to verify that material has been received at jobsite. Assists in tracing missing material.
• Prepares supplier evaluations for input into the Global Supplier Information System.
• When assigned to jobsite:
o Maintains continuing contact with the office project expediting staff to exchange information about jobsite requirements and current order status.
o Attends construction coordination meetings, coordinates with construction, planning and scheduling, jobsite engineers, and other field procurement staff to ensure that field material requirements receive timely attention and follow-up action.
o Coordinates customs clearance (where required) of critical material and equipment with traffic and logistic representatives.
Period of Performance: ~ 12 month.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and six years of related experience including but not limited to Procurement, preferably in an engineering, procurement and construction environment. In lieu of formal degree, a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 12 years of progressive related experience including but not limited to Procurement, preferably in an engineering, procurement and construction environment.
• Candidates must possess the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Skilled in oral and written communication skills regarding technical and production matters with both project and supplier personnel.
• Possesses shop expediting experience, significant experience in project expediting or other procurement related function .
• Proficiency in using standard software applications, Procurement System, and Supplier Performance Database data input. Skilled in the use of the expediting module, and knowledge of other procurement modules.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• Experience in purchasing or subcontracts, including bid, evaluate, award cycle, execution of agreements, execution of changes, price and schedule negotiations, and commercial strategy.
• Proficient in interpreting schedules to ensure that realistic milestones are established, that required activities occur on time, and that interface between activities is maintained.
• Solid knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements.
• Solid understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
• Knows the applicable Corporate and global business unit policies and instructions, and Procurement procedures and guidelines that affect the work.