Procedure Writer 2019-004a-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified Procedure Writers to support the Hanford Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. This position shall be performed under the day-to-day direction, control and supervision of Waste Treatment Closure Company (WTCC).
• Support the development, review, approval, and issuance of Construction related documents developed by Construction Discipline owners, working with the subject matter experts, process owners, and experienced personnel.
• Establish and maintain process controls for the development and revision of documents; documentation, systematic controls, and standards.
• Communicate with both construction and non-construction personnel to obtain deliverables associated with construction documents and facilitate resolution of identified issues.
• Coordinate meetings, prepare, and distribute notices, agendas, information packets, and minutes for procedure/guide review meetings.
• Perform duties as assigned by direct supervision and Construction Management.
• Proofreads, edits, and coordinates the production of moderately complex documents.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and 1 year of related experience or a high school diploma or equivalent and 7 years of related experience.
• Related experience includes, but is not limited to, researching, writing, editing, and formatting documents. Ensuring clarity and consistency in logic, structure, requirements, and format which includes substantive editing and comprehensive understanding of grammatical rules and style, and ability to maintain a consistent tone.
• Upon reporting, must be able to clear a physical examination and drug screen to obtain a badge to access the WTP Project Construction site.
• Intermediate skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Ability to plan and coordinate tasks, work autonomously and complete work productively with attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills in communication with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Technical writing and editing skills normally acquired through specialized education/training in English, technical communications, or journalism.
• Proficiency with standard document formatting/editing/production software, including electronic
comment incorporation, importing graphic files, formatting tables, and developing and applying templates.
• Online editing/proofreading skills.
• Technical vocabularies and terminology common to the assignment.
• Must be able to perform multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
• Possess the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Familiar with current industry safety standards.
• Ability to work in a team based environment, knowledge of project specific requirements, general awareness of processes and procedures and familiarity with current industry quality standards.
• Ability to independently anticipate problems in an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
• Ability to follow all safety rules and procedures and report unsafe work practices/situations.
• Positive attitude and dedicated on-time work schedule.