Procedure Writer 2018-392-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified Procedure Writer to support the Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) Start-up at the Hanford Site. Procedure Writer will plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, guidelines, procedures, and criteria. Devise new approaches to startup, maintenance, operation, or testing. Develop new procedures including departmental administrative procedures, technical component test procedures, flush procedures, functional test procedures, and acceptance test procedures. Develops revisions to the above procedures. Perform peer reviews of the above
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed reviews of design documents, safety requirements, site administrative procedures, and other documents necessary for preparing Startup administrative and technical test procedures.
• Performs work that involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting requirements, unsuitability of conventional methods, or difficult coordination requirements.
• Plans, prepares, and reviews project administrative and technical documents as required for startup, maintenance, operation, or testing.
• Conducts independent walk downs of systems during development of draft procedures to ensure procedure adequacy and technical accuracy and identifies and incorporates safety requirements.
• Oversees craft and safety walk downs of systems during procedure development and prepares the necessary safety documents necessary for procedure performance.
• Coordinates and works with Startup Test Engineers assigned to systems for which test procedures are being developed.
• Tracks and reports status of procedure development and review progress.
• Plans, guides or prepares project hazard and environmental compliance assessments and corrective action items.
Period of Performance: 11/5/2018 - 5/30/2019.
Local Candidates preferred.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline or quality assurance from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years of experience in a field of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations or quality assurance.
• In lieu of formal degree, a minimum of 12 years of experience in a field of engineering,
• Ability to develop, revise, and review Startup administrative and test procedures with minimal
• Technical knowledge of startup, operation, maintenance, or testing. Knowledge of engineering systems, applications of startup and operations and some knowledge of application of computers to engineering problems.
• A broad knowledge of precedents in the startup and operations areas and a broad knowledge and a good knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
• A good knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to plant or
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
• Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements. General awareness of
• Knowledge of government compliance standards.
• Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
• Knowledge of Bechtel's Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS).
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and technical database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.