Principal Criticality Safety Engineer 2021-022-HAINC-CI
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified candidates to support Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development, review, and implementation of criticality safety documentation for various facilities at the Savannah River Site. Provide technical assistance in developing criticality safety documents and analyses, criticality safety controls, and related technical support documentation. Ensure that the development of criticality safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary, and applicable controls are implemented in field procedures.
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Science. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of recent experience in the nuclear/criticality safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry.
- Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advance degree.
- Previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 420.1C, and related directives and standards is required.
- Previous experience in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SRS criticality safety documents is preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a criticality safety code (MCNP or SCALE) is required.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate who has had an active “L” or “Q” clearance within the past two years is preferred.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.