Nuclear Safety Engineer Specialist 2018-411-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified candidates to perform the following:
• Performs work which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features.
• Participates in one or more of the following:
o Equipment design and development
o System design, including concept sketches and layouts
o Testing of materials
o Preparation of specifications and design calculations
o Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
o Preparation or review of engineering studies and reports
o Preparation or review of material quantity estimates
o Uses engineering computer aided design/computer aided engineering (CAD/CAE) tools
• Prepares letters for replies to vendor correspondence.
• Monitors project controls within discipline.
• Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate degree of complexity and prepares comments and recommendations.
• Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
• Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Period of Performance: ~ 12 months.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.