Nuclear Material Management (NMM) Inventory Management Technical Support 2018-363-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is looking for SMEs to provide experienced and knowledgeable staff augmentation for Nuclear Material Management (NMM) Inventory Management. This position provides technical support to meet NMM Program requirements and Storage Program requirements. The scope also includes performance of assessments and assistance with implementation of recommendations.
The SME will be required to perform the following:
· Ensure that Department of Energy (DOE) Order 410.2, “Nuclear Material Management,” is implemented at the company level.
· Function as a Subject Matter Expert to the Nuclear Material Review Board.
· Develop and maintain the NMM database.
· As directed by the NMM Storage Program Manager but not later than January 31, 2019, prepare the NMIA Report based on inventories as of September 30 of the prior year, and submit to the National Nuclear Security Administration Nevada Field Office NMM (NNSA/NFO/NMM) Program Manager for concurrence and subsequent submission to NA-532, NNSA Office of Nuclear Material Integration (ONMI).
· As directed by the NMM Storage Program Manager but not later than June 15, 2019, prepare and submit an annual Nuclear Material Forecast and Allotment Request (NMFAR) for the site in accordance with the guidance provided by the ONMI.
· As directed by the NMM Storage Program Manager but not later than June 15, 2019, prepare and submit an annual Material Balance Spreadsheet (MBS) for the site in accordance with the guidance provided by the ONMI.
· As directed by the NMM Storage Program Manager but not later than June 30, 2019, prepare and submit the Nuclear Material Management Plan (NMMP) using the prior federal fiscal year's Nuclear Material Inventory Assessment (NMIA) data in accordance with guidance provided by the ONMI.
· Notify projects/programs upon nuclear material (NM) allotment approval from the ONMI through the NNSA/NFO/NMM Program Manager prior to utilization of NM.
· Provide site specific NM inventory data to authorized external stakeholders as directed by NNSA/NFO/NMM Program Manager.
· Conduct and/or contribute to other reports, plans, and analytical studies in response to guidance from NNSA/NFO/NMM Program Manager and the ONMI.
· Submit data for other inventory reports as requested.
· Evaluate NM liabilities and assets for acknowledgment on the department's financial statements as directed by NNSA/NFO/NMM Program Manager.
· Ensure project numbers for NMs are established, reported, and deactivated in accordance with guidance from the ONMI.
· Ensure project numbers are updated annually to reflect budgeting and reporting (B&R) code changes for the upcoming fiscal year by October 1.
· Support the development and reporting of NMs integration, consolidation and/or disposition performance metrics to the ONMI.
· Document and maintain characterization data to support the safe management, storage, consolidation, and disposition of NM in accordance with guidance from the ONMI.
· Participate in the annual guidance and document reviews and revisions as a member of the NNSA Nuclear Material Management Team (NMMT).
· Provide justification in the NMMP for materials designated as Defined Use under MSTS control.
· Ensure all Defined Use NMs are reviewed annually to ensure project codes reflect current B&R accounts in accordance with guidance from the ONMI.
· Ensure programs/projects are notified when Defined Use NM is available.
· Ensure No Defined Use NM has the ONMI No Programmatic Value determination prior to the Material Control and Accountability (MC&A) Termination of Safeguards.
· Develop disposition plans or options for materials designated as No Defined Use, and provide recommendations to NNSA/NFO/NMM Program Manager and the ONMI.
· Manage Restricted Use materials according to the restrictions in governing agreements or obligations as required.
· Support the ONMI in the development of NM performance metrics.
· Prepare and present information at various NMM conferences and meetings.
· Provide support to NMM Storage Manager to plan budgets/schedules and conduct project explorations.
· Perform assessments as directed by the NMM Storage Program Manager.
· As directed by the NMM Storage Program Manager, assist NMM management with the implementation of management accepted recommendations from the assessments.
· Assist NMM and MC&A management with development of a PowerPoint presentation and handout for management, customers, and other interested parties on the responsibilities of NMM and MC&A, how they are related/different, and the various ways the programs work together with customers to support mission work at the NNSS.
The period of performance is intended to be from 10/15/2018 to 9/30/2019.
Qualified personnel shall have a minimum of 10 years of experience with a combination of MC&A, NMM, and NNSS processes.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also necessary.
DOE Q-Clearance is required.