Nuclear Licensing Engineer (Nuclear Regulatory Commission Application Readiness Assessment) 2023-163b-HAINC-BD
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking a Nuclear Licensing Engineer (Nuclear Regulatory Commission Application Readiness Assessment) to perform a comprehensive review of NRC advanced reactor regulations and guidance for content of applications. Complete an internal pre-application readiness assessment to ensure regulatory requirements are satisfied in NRC submittals (e.g., construction permit application, topical reports, white papers).
- Research NRC regulations and guidance for advanced reactor applications.
- Benchmark other advanced reactor NRC submittals.
- Develop checklists and perform readiness assessments of the construction permit application and other applicable NRC submittals.
- Interact with licensing engineers and design engineers to resolve inconsistencies in application content.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 20 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
Key Qualifications and Skills
- College course-work in engineering discipline preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status.
HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.