NDA Specialist II 2021-133-HASLLC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for three (3) NDA Specialist II with the following qualifications:
Under general supervision, performs Non-Destructive Assay (NDA) job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in ensuring proper NDA measurements, data reporting completion and proper documentation of all NDA measurements, analysis, and report generation in accordance with all applicable requirements. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
* Perform tests and/or inspections and collect all NDA measurement data and associated testing data as necessary to evaluate uranium material hold-up.
* Analyze test, inspect or perform statistical analysis of data to determine uranium material
composition, condition, structure and/or conformity as determined by appropriate testing protocol and operational requirements.
* Document and communicate all measurement analysis and generate reports/perform reviews as required by protocol or procedure and in accordance with managerial direction. Validate /certify testing process and outcomes as required.
* Monitor and notify management regarding adverse trends in NDA measurement results, QA/QC trends, equipment operation or related factors; comply with all corrective action procedures as appropriate.
* Assist Field Operations with the proper set up operation and calibration of measurement equipment in accordance with protocol and requirements.
* Performs QA/QC test or analysis functions as necessary to maintain equipment operability daily or as needed.
* Provides analysis of instrument QA/QC performance daily and historically.
* Participates in the determination of corrective actions necessary to maintain instrument operability.
* Provides timely response to NDA operating schedules.
* Assist in development of testing protocols, department procedures and other areas as assigned.
* May be a resource for less experienced team members.
* Assists in documenting NDA methods, processes or results.
With BS degree, 2 years of job related experience and 1 year NDA experience is required. Without BS degree, an equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by DOE O 426.2 is required, but not less than 2 years NDA experience. NDA experience may overlap with job related experience.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to complete site specific training to gain knowledge of site nuclear facility operations and NDA Qualification Card.
Ability to complete site specific and NDA specific training on basic NDA and DOE nuclear facility safety including technical safety requirements, processes and reporting requirements.
Knowledge of and experience with NDA measurement equipment, methods, cascade set up and nuclear facility operations.
Knowledge of and experience with DOE Safety Basis including technical safety requirements, processes and reporting requirements.
Proficient PC skills including Microsoft software.
DOE “L” clearance or ability to obtain a DOE “L” clearance.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.