Job Description :
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified candidates to perform the following:
• Plans, writes, edits, proofreads, and coordinates the production of moderate to complex technical process training and other print and electronic media for the Waste Treatment Plant Project (WTP) Engineering Department.
• Plans format of documents, organizes content, writes/edits text, and provides instructions for final delivery. Works online as required.
• Collaborates with process authors, subject matter experts (SMEs), and professional staff while preparing a full range of technical training materials.
• Reviews training requirements (including content and schedule) with customers and provides guidance for successful and timely product completion.
• Recommends and coordinates document formatting, graphic design, reprographics, and any additional recommended support.
• Provides support and coordination to line functional personnel in the preparation, development, and writing of primarily new or revised technical training materials in adherence to established standards.
• Ensures that material is structured and formatted logically and resolves inconsistencies. • Works with authors and SMEs to resolve content issues.
• Monitors job progress and alerts responsible supervisor when schedules appear to be in jeopardy.
• Maintains electronic file management and configuration control.
• Participates in Engineering process and pre-job briefings.
• Prepares Assessments of Engineering Training materials and documents the results in assessment reports.
• Implements and maintains the required reading program for WTP Engineering personnel.
Period of Performance: ~ 12 months.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Required Qualifications :
• A high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible technical work process experience.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax.
• Familiar with producing training documentation.
• Working understanding of systematic approach to training requirements and methods.
• Familiar with scientific/engineering principles and terminology related to engineering.
• Familiar with vocabulary of the relevant technical disciplines.
• Knowledge of electronic training development and testing.
• Skilled at reviewing simple to complex documents to produce training with a Competence in handling complex assignments with minimal supervision and demonstrated ability to identify and apply appropriate level of preparation based on considerations such as customer expectations, audience, visibility, and project/corporate standards.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and professional customer service skills.
• Ability to participate as engineering process representative at various project office locations on multi-disciplined teams.
• Capable of functioning professionally, effectively, and efficiently to coordinate multiple assignments in a fast-paced production environment as needed to complete tasks on time.
• Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
• Ability to express ideas in writing, read and interpret technical processes and documents.
• Performs research to support document production and impacts.
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• Familiar with producing training based on DOE nuclear safety documentation including DSAs, PDSAs, TSRs, CSERs, and SDSs.
• Experience performing online and traditional editing/proofreading tasks including proficiency with standard electronic comment incorporation, importing graphic files, formatting tables, and applying templates.
• Ability to review, format, and edit content to professional standards while conforming to appropriate style guide and other document-related guides and procedures.
• Possess a broad knowledge of training development skills that may be specific to or across various disciplines of administrative policies, engineering, procurement, construction, startup, and/or operations.
• Understands trademark, copyright, and corporate identity standards and guidelines.
• Demonstrated ability to work with people of varied backgrounds and objectives.