Mechanical Design Engineer 2020-385-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Calcine Retrieval Project team in developing new technologies for retrieving radioactive waste, in particular remote-operated robotic and electromechanical systems.
- Focused on testing and improving existing prototypes, as well as designing new systems from the ground up.
- Cross-disciplinary abilities are beneficial especially in programming, electronics, or controls.
- Communication and project management skills are also highly valued.
- Have proficiency with some or all of the following:
- 3D modeling software (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
- Static and dynamic analysis of mechanical structures including finite element analysis (Abaqus preferred)
- Fluid dynamics and heat transfer including computational fluid dynamics (STAR-CCM+ preferred)
- Design complex mechanical assemblies especially with tight space or weight constraints
- Knowledge and experience with a broad range of manufacturing techniques
- Design, manufacturing and testing of prototypes
- Programming and electronics
- Design for hazardous environments especially radiation hazards
- Review customer requirements and develop design concepts.
- Develop design work packages.
- Complete and document detailed designs.
- Verify designs.
- Support construction and project closeout.
- Support training and safety qualifications.
Period of performance: Award through 05/31/2021
Work location: Sawtelle Street Facility (SSF)
Work Schedule: 4x10s
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor of Science or Masters (preferred) degree in associated engineering field (mechanical, nuclear, mechatronics, or similar)