ME-Welding Engineer 2021-055-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer (Welding) to support the Chief Engineer, Project Engineer, UCOR Projects and the Engineering Program as necessary and assigned. Project support locations may include Heritage Center/ETTP, ORNL and Y-12.
- Experience in piping, welding procedures, processes, and expertise is required.
- Performs engineering calculations. prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing , issues reports and maintains related data.
- Experienced in mechanical engineering with emphasis on piping and pump design, HVAC design, general mechanical engineering, and engineering procurement.
- Maintains liaison with design and drafting groups.
- Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required.
- Advises the Project Engineer and Engineering Manager about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
- Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks.
- Plans and schedules engineering efforts associated with assigned project.
- Maintains timely and accurate oral and written technical reports regarding assigned engineering activities.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (equivalent experience experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
- 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers.
- Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively.
- Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work.
- Welding certificate is plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software.
- Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance. A clearance is not required to apply for this position.
- Previous experience at DOE facilities a plus.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.