Lead Plant I&C Engineer 2021-451-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for two Lead Engineers to be responsible for delivering fulfillment excellence with value-add solutions from order inquiry through commercial plant operation. Role requires; broad and deep technical domain knowledge, skill, and experience with designs and design processes, strong inclusive team player within discipline and across other discipline and functional teams, commitment to design and quality assurance, passion for on-time delivery and project execution excellence, strong focus to delight customers.
Scope of controls and monitoring systems design and fulfilment focused on nuclear nonsafety-related systems in commercial NPP and test reactors. These nonsafety-related systems may interface with but are not nuclear regulatory defined safety-related systems. These interfaces are achieved through isolation and prioritization modules. Scope covers various reactor types such as; BWR, PWR, HTGR, ALWR, ALMR, etc. The majority of these reactor types are based on a STG with its associated BOP.
- Perform range of activities to design and fulfill Mark* VIe DCS on the nonsafety-related systems in nuclear power plants and test reactors. Deliverables include; hardware and network definition and ordering, HMI development, application programming or software design, simulation modeling, V&V to requirements, PLM and CLM activities, and wide variety of internal and external project documentation. Work performed compliant with GEH QAP including associated procedures, work instructions, guides, etc. or Supplier’s audited to be equivalent.
- US Citizen Only and willing to apply for security clearance [confirmed and documented in Good Person Letter] – USG DOE or DOD projects.
- Lead Engineer is responsible for delivering fulfillment excellence with value-add solutions from order inquiry through commercial plant operation. Role requires; broad and deep technical domain knowledge, skill, and experience with designs and design processes, strong inclusive team player within discipline and across other discipline and functional teams, commitment to design and quality assurance, passion for on-time delivery and project execution excellence, strong focus to delight customers.
- Scope of controls and monitoring systems design and fulfilment focused on nuclear nonsafety-related systems in commercial NPP and test reactors. These nonsafety-related systems may interface with but are not nuclear regulatory defined safety-related systems. These interfaces are achieved through isolation and prioritization modules. Scope covers various reactor types such as; BWR, PWR, HTGR, ALWR, ALMR, etc. The majority of these reactor types are based on a STG with its associated BOP.
- Prepare and maintain under change control and configuration management various technical documents; requirements, application selection criteria, calculations, datasheets, drawings, diagrams, databases [algorithms, function generators, input/output and set points], modelling analysis and simulation code or software [Easy5, Matlab], technical notes, specifications and plans [design, qualification, test, purchase].
- Prepare bill of materials (BOM) or quantities (BOQ) and work collaboratively thru Sourcing with suppliers.
- Ensure systems, components, and equipment designs meet requirements for; regulatory compliance, functionality, performance, qualification [environmental, seismic, embedded digital], interfaces, human factors, safety hazards, reliability, cyber security, etc.
- Perform detailed oversight, review, and verification of deliverables from; GEH, architect engineering firms, and suppliers to ensure their; adequacy, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with requirements; design basis, practices, tool use, configuration and documentation management, etc.
- Promote incorporation of operational experience, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Perform cost-benefit optioneering or trade-off studies for technical risk, function, performance, margin, and cost optimization.
- Ensure design bases is adequately documented and conforms with applicable nuclear [DOE, NRC, CNSC, ONR, IAEA] regulations, guidance, generic design certifications, licensing commitments, and applicable industry standards [ANSI, ASME, IEEE, IEC, ISA, NEC, NEMA].
- Use requirements management to ensure that applicable regulations, industry standards, contract requirements as well as design documents are properly administered.
- Use variety of systems and tools for; requirements [DOORS], design [Visio], analysis [Matlab], change, configuration, and document management.
- Identify, confirm, document, and lead resolution of technical issues.
- Drive standard work with; plan, schedule, scope definition, work processes, controls, and tools.
- Ensure deliverables are; on-spec., on-budget, and on-schedule with high “Say-Do” ratio.
- Establish and maintain close, responsive, productive and quality working relationships within and between team members, engineering, support functions, business project management and customers' engineers and plant staff to successfully drive project completion and resolve emergent issues.
- Prepare technical bid proposals and change orders.
- Prepare learning sessions for knowledge capture and transfer - Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Champion nuclear safety culture – Ensure compliance with GEH policies, quality management system, and corrective action program.
- Deliver work with integrity, safety and security, quality, and then on-time output.
Period of Performance: 18 months
Work Location: Remote
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics or equivalent 4 year technical degree.
- 8 years design, development, and deployment of industrial controls systems using; ladder logic, statement list, functional logic block diagram, sequential function chart, etc.
- 10 years excellent knowledge, skill, and experience with PC and desktop engineering productivity software [e.g.; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio] and computer aided design, modelling and analysis [e.g.; Easy5, Matlab] and project collaboration tools.
Additional Desired Characteristics
- Hands on experience in installation, commissioning, and maintenance of industrial control systems, HMIs, and data communications and networks.
- Proven track record leading, executing, and completing multiple concurrent projects for industrial control systems on-time with quality.
- Experience working in global, matrix organization.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions based on data.
- Solid experience with systems and component design, analysis, modeling, simulation, and test data collection tools [3KeyMaster, Easy5, Simulink, GSE Simsuite, LabView, MathCad, Mathmatica, MatLab, MatrixX, ETAP].
- Solid experience with structured systems and software development lifecycle methodologies including creation, use and stewardship of company standards, design practices, and guides for object-oriented design architectures, application code libraries, etc.
- Solid experience with industry standards.
- Solid experience with current US nuclear laws, rules, regulations, guidance, positions, memorandum, notices, bulletins, items, etc. from NRC [RG, NUREG, BTP, ISG, SRM, RIN, TMI], DOE, or international equivalent.
- Clear thinker, detail oriented, insightful, quantitative, results oriented – Able to learn quickly and make reasoned, sound, and timely decisions.
- Effective communication, cross- discipline and functional facilitation, and influencing skills, both verbal and written with focus on requirements, design basis document and technical presentation preparation and delivery.
- Inclusive team player able to work successfully in matrix environment – Executing multiple assignments and priorities.
- Able and willing to take ownership and responsibility for scoping, planning, prioritizing, scheduling, budgeting, action tracking, monitoring, corrective actions, reporting, etc.
- Self-starter with positive energy, bias for action, and proven track record of delivering on commitments and goals in a fast paced environment.
- Continuous improvement “mindset” with an ability to identify, influence, and implement better ways to do an activity or process.
- Professional Engineer License.
- PMI/PMP certified or proven project management experience.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.