Industrial Hygienists I, II, or III 2021-121-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for Industrial Hygienists to perform tasks within the industrial and hygiene job functions as assigned by management. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Participates in monitoring the company's health standards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; evaluates and interprets current regulations and assists in compliance
- May provide leadership to less experienced industrial hygienists and technicians
- Performs tasks according to detailed instructions and established procedures
- Assists others in developing and implementing programs for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards in project work areas
- Maintains data in various data capture systems
- Assists in generating reports, charts and spreadsheets as needed
- Provides technical, administrative and/or functional support to the Industrial Hygiene team
- Perform duties general/routine to moderately complex in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
- BA/BS degree in a related field and 1 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 1 - 4 years.
- Radiological training is required
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft software
- Basic understanding of federal and state policies and regulations, project policies and requirements
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills
- Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.)
Ability to carry several instruments/equipment or tools while walking extensively.
- Potential prolonged walking/standing, repeated pushing/pulling.
- Ability to perform medium to very heavy work, exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, non-repetitive, up to 50 pounds of force frequently (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), and/or more than 20 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf cart, gator, heavy equipment).
- Ability to work in confined areas, tanks, heat stress conditions, high noise and areas with radiation and chemical hazards.
- Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as but not limited to wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
- May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.